About Me

My photo
I am an aspiring freelance journalist, blogger, and writer. I mostly write opinion pieces about society, politics, music, and philosophy. If you're looking for any freelance work in that area, make sure to contact me via e-mail.

Friday, November 29, 2013

SoundCloud Widget

As you probably haven't noticed, I added a widget displaying my latest songs posted on SoundCloud at the bottom of the page, which is more of a playful add-on to the blog rather than a serious try to promote myself.
I love all the widgets and gadgets that Blogger offers, so please let me know if it's getting too cluttered because I will not stop until I am stopped, and have terrible judgement :P

The songs on said widget are quite old anyway, even the most recent ones are almost a year old already, so do not take what you hear there as a representation of my entire musical skills and know-how, because that would be a misrepresentation of me as an artist.
Furthermore, it is German rap, and I am definitely not going to post any translations anywhere, so if you don't speak any German but still want to understand my lyrics you are unfortunately out of luck or need to find someone to translate it for you.

To be quite honest with you, I may even remove the widget again in the next couple of days for no particular reason, but if some of you actually think it serves a purpose and should be there, please let me know so that I definitely won't erase it. Then again I might leave it there even without having received any feedback. I simply don't know yet, but I'll keep you up to date on this.

So, here are the "obligatory" songs:

Modestep feat. Popeska - Another Day (xKore Remix)
-> Very well known song and remix, but seeing as it was running on repeat while I wrote this entry so I figured I'd use it, plus it's a really great remix, nice, hard-hitting bass, I like it!

Gotye feat. Kimbra - Somebody that I used to know (Bombs Away Remix)
-> An equally, or even more, popular song and its respective remix, but this is just such a great remix of this song that I had to post it at some point, and I think everyone can relate to its topic to some extent, which is also nice... All in all, great remix!!

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Who am I? (What's my name?)
-> This song is such a classic, has been around for quite some time now, and is still more than enjoyable! Snoop Dogg is one of the best MC's out there, hands down people, you know it to be true. Anyway, great song!!

Billy Talent - Fallen Leaves
-> Well, this is not my genre at all actually, and the kind of fans I believe Billy Talent to have are in all likelihood not my crowd either, but I have to say, they do have a couple of great songs that I regularly listen to!

This concludes this short notification, hope you enjoy today's selection of songs and have fun with the new widget!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have a thick skin, so go ahead if you feel like criticizing, but if you keep going on and on about details of carnal relations you claim to have had with my mother your comment will be removed.
I guess what I'm saying is that you can express your opinion, just try to do so in a constructive or at least moderately respectful manner, otherwise the comment section is just going to go to shit and I'll be forced to close it, seeing as I will definitely not be moderating it if unwanted/spam/bullshit comments keep coming...
If you can not behave, the possibility of commenting here will disappear, that's as simple as it is.