About Me

My photo
I am an aspiring freelance journalist, blogger, and writer. I mostly write opinion pieces about society, politics, music, and philosophy. If you're looking for any freelance work in that area, make sure to contact me via e-mail.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Here is

a new layout once again. Or rather the slightly overblown cosmic layout I had put on here earlier was reverted back to a simple, greyish theme. Which holds a certain understatement if you ask me. The simplicity of the layout and the 'Courier New' font clashing with the complexity of the posts content. Or something like that. But anyway, I really think that the former design was not as legible as I would have it wanted it to be, and some people actually complained about getting headaches because of it, so I felt that I had to change it. After having played around with multiple backgrounds and colors I got frustrated seeing as I couldn't arrange anything even remotely good-looking. Which is why I finally decided to just use a template from Google. So much for originality, but in the end it's the content that matters and not the way it is presented. And due to the fact that this is a subtle and unobtrusive theme I think that it was the right choice. However, I am not the one having to deal with it seeing as I don't read my posts on the actual blog but just on Bloggers administrative interface so I am asking you to comment here with your opinion on it.

Now I have tried to create some sort of author-reader relationship at earlier points in this blogs existence, and all attempts at it so far have failed. Miserably. So no more polls or anything like that, it's just too frustrating to see that no-one takes the two fucking seconds to cast a vote in a period of ten days. All I am doing this time is imploring you to please just leave a small comment saying "like" or "dislike". I am not even ask you to formulate sentences, I am not asking for constructive feedback or anything like that. Just your fucking opinion on the layout. Please, do me that favor for once.

Anyway, I am getting tired, and will leave you be with a couple of songs: 

Astronaut - Apollo 
-> I have featured Astronaut on here before with their song "Quantum" I believe, and whilst it is still true that I find their sound to be a little too pop-ish I have to say that I really like most of the songs I have heard so far, and I love their awesome animated videos to go along with their great tracks, so... Enjoy!

N.W.A. - Chin Check(feat. Snoop Dogg)
-> This is one of these songs that I might have featured on here before but am unsure whether I did. While I did look through the blog and didn't see it that doesn't mean a lot seeing as I tend to overlook things. But anyway, this song is a fucking classic and there's Snoop Dogg together with NWA on it, so there really is nothing left to say, so... Enjoy!

Nirvana - Come As You Are 
-> You can idolize or demonize Kurt Cobain, I do not care. The guy made great great music, bringing the Grunge-genre to a worldwide audience which regardless of your feelings towards that kind of music is a huge fucking achievement! And whilst this is one of Nirvana's most popular songs from their most popular album it still is fucking awesome, so... Enjoy!

Skrillex & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Make It Bun Dem 
-> Skrillex is of course very mainstream and not usually my favorite artist, this song that I first heard whilst playing Far Cry 3 is so extremely fucking great that I had to feature it here at some point, and I hope that you can be equally enthusiastic about it as I was when I first heard it, so... Enjoy!

So, whilst maybe sounding a little harsh about no-one interacting and voicing their opinion I do think that it would be nice of you to actually do that once in a while. I myself am like one of the worst readers that anyone could have, but even I leave the occasional comment and that has so far only been done by two people on here both of which are personal friends of mine. Which does not mean that I want to demean these comments' value but only that I would like to see that my audience has expanded beyond my circle of friends.

But whatever, the central point of this post is the announcement of the new layout anyway, which I did. I hope you like it though!


Peace!  

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have a thick skin, so go ahead if you feel like criticizing, but if you keep going on and on about details of carnal relations you claim to have had with my mother your comment will be removed.
I guess what I'm saying is that you can express your opinion, just try to do so in a constructive or at least moderately respectful manner, otherwise the comment section is just going to go to shit and I'll be forced to close it, seeing as I will definitely not be moderating it if unwanted/spam/bullshit comments keep coming...
If you can not behave, the possibility of commenting here will disappear, that's as simple as it is.